1. How many tanning sessions does it take to see results?
Results vary from person to person. However, you will begin to notice results after a few tanning sessions, but it may take a few weeks of regular tanning (at least 3-4 times a week) to get the colour you are looking for. If you are developing a base tan before going on a holiday, you would want to start tanning about three to four weeks before your trip. The sooner the better!
2. How can I tan better in a tanning bed?
– Exfoliate the day before you’re tanning session removing all dead skin.
– Shower before your tanning session. Remember, clean Skin always Tans best.
– Remove all makeup prior to tanning.
– DO NOT BURN. A burn, does not turn into a TAN. Tan in Moderation and be responsible. With frequent spaced out visits, we can slowly up your time helping you achieve colour at a pace that won’t over expose the skin.
– Use a high quality Indoor Tanning Lotion, that helps boost melanin production.
– Drink plenty of Water
– Moisturize daily
3. Do I have to wear Protective Eye Wear?
The answer is Yes. It is LAW. https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/140099
They are available for purchase at our location.
4. Do I have to make an appointment?
No appointment is needed. New Clients please register here https://stclairtanningspa.com/register-here before walking in.
5. What do I wear while in a Tanning bed or Booth?
This is a personal option. However, you can tan bring a bathing suit to change into or Tan naked. Furthermore, exposing parts of the body that usually do not see the sun have a higher chance of sunburn. Our advice it slowly expose those parts over a prolong period of time. Remember to always be responsible.
6. Can I use outdoor Oil or Sunscreen in a tanning bed?
The answer to this is NO. Sunscreens and Oils contain ingredients which damage acrylics thus can not be used indoors. We carry a wide variety of indoor tanning products that are specifically formulated for indoor tanning equipment. Leave all outdoor products home.
7. How old do I have to be to Tan?
In Ontario, the legal age to Tan is 18. Under the Ontario by law it is illegal to offer tanning services to anyone under 18. Furthermore, Parental or a Doctors Permission for persons under 18 are not accepted. ID is required for all persons who appear to be under the age of 25. Make sure to bring it before visiting us. We will ask for it.
8. Can I Tan while I’m pregnant?
We ask you to consult your physician. Although, we know that there is no risk to the fetus from UV rays (since they cannot penetrate deeper than the dermis), Pregnant women are advised to be cautious with saunas, hot tubs and other devices and or activities that can cause excessive body heat. However, If your physician okay’s your tanning, speak to our Tanning Associates about which units may be best for you.
9. How Much time should I wait until my next Tan?
Usually 24 hours. However, we do recommend every second day.
10. Can Sunbeds Help increase Vitamin D levels?
Please Click the link and read the article below