The Latest News on the Importance of Vitamin D
“Research is starting to show the importance of Vitamin D in strengthening your immune system and possibly reducing your risk/severity/death of COVID-19,” says Vitamin D Society Executive Director Perry Holman. “Increasing your daily intake of vitamin D is an action you can take immediately to safeguard your health until a COVID-19 vaccine becomes available. Many people have deficient or insufficient vitamin D levels. As we celebrate the 11th anniversary of World Vitamin D Day on Nov. 2, please evaluate your vitamin D intake and increase it to COVID-19 fighting levels.”
- Adults need a daily vitamin D intake of 4,000 IU/day (100 mcg) from all sources, according to vitamin D experts. Dr. Anthony Fauci, America’s top infectious disease expert, recommends vitamin D to reduce the risk of COVID-19. It was reported that Dr. Fauci takes 6,000 IU/day of vitamin D.
- Get out in the natural sunlight when the UV Index is above 3 and your shadow is shorter than you. Remember to never sunburn.
- Consider artificial UVB exposure when natural sunlight is weak or not available and your skin type can receive UV exposure without burning.
- Increase your food intake of fatty fish such as salmon.
- Take a vitamin D3 supplement to make up the balance when sun exposure is not available. UVB from sunlight or a sunlamp is what makes vitamin D naturally in your skin.
If you would like to read the Full Article Click the link https://www.vitamindsociety.org/press_release.php?id=63